Payment and Shipping Options
www.indianbooks.co.in offers multi-currency shopping supported by multiple payment gateways and multiple shipping options.
Three major curruncies are supported by www.indianbooks.co.in. These are
1. Indian Rupee, Rs. (Base currency)
2. US Dollar, USD.
You can select the currency as per your location. For example, if you are purchasing books from USA, your preferred currency should be USD. Similarly if you are a customer from India, your preferred currency should be Indian Rupee.
Base currency at www.indianbooks.co.in is INR, however USD conversion rates are updated as per internaitonal currency rates. As a result prices of the books displayed in USD are latest conversions from Indian Ruppe.
Like choice of currency, you also have the choice of making payment. International customers can pay through credit cards and paypal account. Customers from India can pay through Credit Cards, Net Banking, personal cheques, banker's cheques / demand draft and NEFT transfer. The option of making payment with credit card and with your paypal account is integrated with the shopping cart. We personally send payment instructions if you select other payment options.
Following payment gateways are available. The accepted credit cards and settltment currency is shown in the brackets ().
1. EBS.in (INR): The EBS.in provides payment gateway services and the settlement currency is in INR. This payment gateway is ideally suited for customers from India. The Accepted credit cards are Visa, Amex and Discover. Apart from credit card customer's can also pay through their Bank account using the Net Banking facility as provided by the EBS. One can also make payment using cash cards like ItsCash.
2. Paypal.com (USD): Paypal.com provides a very simple way to make payment without having need to enter your credit card if you have an account with Paypal.com. The settlement currecny is USD. One can also pay through card types as visa, master card, amex, discover etc, if you do not have an account with paypal.com.
Shipping Options (As Updated on May 20, 2016)
There are two shipping options available for our customers
1. INTERNATIONAL PARCEL SHIPPING: All international orders are shipped thorugh PARCEL SERVICE OF INDIA POST. Parcel service is trackable and takes about 10-25 days for delivery in most countries. Duration of shipment varies from country to country. For countries where Parcel service is not available Orders are shipped through Registered Post.
2. PARCEL SHIPPING in India: Orders from India are shipped through Parcel Service of India Post. All shipments are trakable at www.indiappost.gov.in. It takes about 7-14 days for books to reach most destinations in India .
3. COURIER SHIPPING: Courier service is available in select metro cities of India. It takes about 3-6 days for books to reach their destination in India. We are using DTDC and Professional courier as our agent to ship orders in select metro cities.
4. Faster shipping is not available in remote areas in India and in North east states like Assam, Meghalya, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, etc. Faster shipping option is limited to the cities where service is provided by courier companies. In such destinations, we ship through India Post only.
5. Faster service through DHL/FedEx may be available on request for International destinations and subject to additional charges as determined by courier companies.
Shipping charges depend upon the weight of the books ordered. We have fixed the rates of National and International shipping as Rate Per Book / Copy / Volume. However, we may request you to pay extra for heavy books and multivolume sets.Default shipping charges for internaitonal destinations are based on assumption that average weight of the book is up to 1 kilogramme. We may request you additional shipping charges in case you order books which are very heavy or you order multi-volume sets.
Shipping rates are displayed at the checkout page. You are requested to review shipping rates before you place an order.